Sports Staff Questionnaire
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Updated: Wednesday, October 3, 2012 16:10
The sports crew here at the Spectrum is filled with characters. The readers usually hear their words from the reporting perspective, and not so much their personal side. Well, I decided to ask each of them a set of random questions on athletics here at NDSU. Some fun questions reveal their true personality while a couple tough questions put them on the spot. Anyway, here are the answers from Colton Pool (CP), Morgan Lubben (ML), Corrie Dunshee (CD), Pace Maier (PM) and Joe Kerlin (JK).
1. If you could play one sport here at NDSU, which one would you choose?
CP: I’m trying to find a good cycling club but if that doesn’t work out, then football.
ML: Football. They get to share the field with the NDSU dance team. Those ladies are good lookin’, and I’d love to share the field with them!
2. What is less likely to happen: the Bison football team not reaching the playoffs or the Minnesota Vikings reaching the playoffs?
CP: I don’t think either is humanly possible, but if they were then I’d have to say the Vikings making the playoffs.
ML: Vikings reaching the playoffs.
CD: The Bison football team not reaching the playoffs.
PM: The Minnesota Vikings reaching the playoffs, although they look good this year!
JK: Vikings making the playoffs. The second half collapse is inevitable.
3. Who is your favorite Bison athlete to watch?
CP: Brock Jensen.
ML: Brynn Joki or Megan Lambertson.
CD: Brock Jensen.
PM: Zach Vraa.
JK: Toss up between Colton Heagle and Marcus Williams.
4. Would you rather try and tackle Sam Ojuri or defend a spike from Megan Lambertson?
CP: I would much rather try the tackle. My face is too fragile to take a spike from Megan Lambertson.
ML: Defend a spike against Lambertson. I might get faked out by Ojuri’s dreadlocks and miss him completely.
CD: Defend Lambertson’s spike.
PM: Try and tackle Sam Ojuri.
JK: I could take Ojuri.
5. Do you think you’re more capable of running a 5k cross-country course or playing in a soccer game with the Bison?
CP: 5k course.
ML: Soccer game.
CD: 5k course.
PM: 5k course.
6. What would be tougher trying to beat Amy Anderson in a round of golf or getting open against Marcus Williams?
CP: Marcus Williams.
ML: Getting open against Marc Will. Let’s face it: he’s an all-American. If D1 football players can’t get open, I don’t stand a chance.
CD: Beating Amy Anderson in a round of golf would definitely be tougher.
PM: Amy Anderson.
JK: Golf game is brutal. Beating Amy.
7. Name one NDSU coach that you would never, ever want to yell at you?
CP: Coach Bohl. Everyone loves him; so getting yelled at by him would be like getting yelled at by Forest Gump, minus the speech problems.
ML: Craig Bohl. For whatever reason, bald people seem so much more intimidating.
CD: I would never, EVER want Coach Bohl to yell at me. Doesn’t look too pleasant from a distance.
PM: Coach Bohl.
JK: Wrestling Coach, Roger Kish.
8. What is your favorite Bison tradition?
CP: Beating UND in anything. Who doesn’t love that? And it’s bound to happen every year so it’s a great tradition.
ML: The tunnel march at home football games. If it doesn’t send shrivels down your spine when coach Bohl slams open the locker room doors and march down the tunnel, you aren’t human.
CD: The football team’s kickoff and the student’s dancing to Wipe Out.
PM: Bison Pride Friday.
JK: Winning National Championships.
9. Who is the most intimidating Bison athlete?
CP: 6’7” freshman Landon Lechler.
ML: Billy Turner. He’s a big boy.
CD: Marcus Williams.
PM: Billy Turner.
JK: Cheyenne Garcia.
10. Yes or no, will the Bison football team repeat as National Champs?